Pedregal de Cabo San Lucas’ Developer has decided to contribute to the efforts of the Organization for Sustainability and Environmental Conservation, AC (SyCOMA Organization) for studying and conserving sea turtles with technology that will allow tracking satellites to monitor the life of an adult turtle. The data obtained from this information will serve to deepen the knowledge of this species and to help establish standards and objectives that promote conservation and the environment around them.
We want everybody to be part of this project and are happy to announce the following contest to name the Sea Turtle that is about to be studied:
Name the Sea Turtle
This is your opportunity to be creative and thoughtful to name the sea turtle we will be studying. All you need is to get inspired and follow these rules to participate:
1. This opportunity is open to the public in general. It is valid from Monday October 12th from 4:00 pm MST to Monday, November 2nd at 11:59 pm MST.
2. It comprises 2 phases: name presentation and voting
3. Name presentation consists in submitting a name and a brief explanation of why you chose that name for the turtle.
4. Name should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com indicating the participant’s name, an alias, age and city of origin.
5. Names will be received from Monday October 12th at 4:00 pm MST until Friday October 23rd at 11:59 pm MST
6. All names will be submitted to vote by a jury. Top 10 names will be published on Pedregal’s Facebook page on Monday October 26th.
7. Once published, everyone is invited to participate and vote for their favorite! 1 vote = 1 like.
8. In order for a vote to count, that person has to have given a LIKE to Pedregal´s Facebook page (Votes will be counted as valid only from those people that LIKE Pedregal’s page).
9. Voting will be closed on Monday, November 2nd at 11:59 pm MST
10. The winning name will be the one that has received the most number of LIKES.
11. In the event of a tie, the jury will make the final decision.
12. The winner will be announced on Tuesday, November 4th through the Pedregal Facebook page
13. The date of the release of the turtle is on Friday November 6th at Pedregal Beach at 4.30 pm
The person that submitted the winning name:
• Will have the honor of naming the sea turtle to be released for research at Pedregal Beach.
• Accompanied and directed by Graciela Tiburcio, the turtle will be placed on the beach by him/her.
• If the winner is older than 12 years old, he/she will be appointed Honorary Marine Biologist of SyCOMA Organization and will be able to go to their facilities and work with them on a one-day experience and be part of the team caring for the local flora and fauna.
Leticia Diaz Rivera – Pedregal de Cabo San Lucas Sales Director and Developer
M en C Graciela Tiburcio – Directora de Recursos Naturales y Vida Silvestre del H. XI Ayuntamiento de Los Cabos
Jennifer Powell – Pedregal de Cabo San Lucas and Coordinator for Pedregal de Cabo San Lucas Turtle Program
For more information, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org